- "Why can't you just be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?"
- ―Tony Stark[src]
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a 2017 superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man. It will be a reboot of the Spider-Man franchise and the sixteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while also being the fourth installment of Phase Three.
Following the release of the film's trailer in December 2016, Sony Pictures Studios scheduled a sequel for release on July 5, 2019.
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Laura Harrier as Liz Allan
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Angourie Rice as Gwen Stacy
- Zendaya as Michelle
- Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson Brice
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz/Shocker
- Donald Glover as to-be-revealed character
- Tyne Daly as Anne Marie Hoag
- Gary Weeks as a to-be-revealed character
- Michael Mando as a to-be-confirmed character
- Christopher Berry as Lenny Ballinger
- Selenis Leyva as Ms. Warren
- Martin Starr as Mr. Harrington
- Hannibal Buress as Coach Wilson
- Kenneth Choi as Principal Morita
- Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Tunde Adebimpe as Mr. Cobwell
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (footage)
- Garcelle Beauvais as a to-be-confirmed character
- Martha Kelly as a to-be-confirmed character
- Tiffany Espensen as Cindy
- Abraham Attah as Abraham
- Isabella Amara as Sally
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jorge
- Michael Barbieri as Jason
- J.J. Totah as a to-be-confirmed character
- Ethan Dizon as Tiny
- Jona Xiao as a to-be-confirmed character
- Stan Lee as cameo role
High School Yearbook Photographs
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner
- Don Cheadle as James Rhodes
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange
- New York City, New York
- Midtown School of Science and Technology
- Statue of Liberty
- Queens Community Bank
- Avengers Tower
- New Avengers Facility
- Washington, D.C.
- Berlin, Germany
- Flughafen Leipzig-Halle (footage)
- Battle of New York (flashback)
- Battle of Greenwich (mentioned)
- Battle of Sokovia (mentioned)
- Attack on the IFID Headquarters (mentioned)
- Clash of the Avengers (screen footage)
- Spider-Man Suit
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLVII
- Arc Reactor
- Vulture's Exo-Suit
- Shocker's Gauntlets
- Crossbones' Gauntlet
- Captain America's Shield (footage)
- Ant-Man Suit (footage)
- The Wings of the Dove
- The Woman in the Dunes
- Of Human Bondage
- New York City Police Department
- Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia
- United States Capitol Police
- Stark Industries
- Damage Control
- WHiH World News
- Daily Bugle
- Avengers (mentioned)
- Ben Parker
- Ant-Man (screen footage)
- Captain America (mask and screen footage)
- Thor (mask)
- Howard Stark (photograph)
- Abraham Erskine (photograph)
- Bruce Banner (photograph and mask as Hulk)
- Charles Darwin (photograph)
- Albert Einstein (photograph)
- Galileo Galilei (photograph)
- Isaac Newton (photograph)
- Nikola Tesla (photograph)
- Marie Curie (photograph)
- Lise Meitner (photograph)
- Johannes Kepler (photograph)
- Niels Bohr (photograph)
- Enrico Fermi (photograph)
- David Brewster (photograph)
- Thomas Young (photograph)
According to Kevin Feige, Spider-Man: Homecoming was set to begin production in June 2016. “We literally just crossed the halfway mark of Captain America: Civil War last week, it’s day 42 or 43 of 80. We start filming Doctor Strange in London in November. We start shooting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in February–March . We start filming Thor: Ragnarok and Spider-Man around the same time, around June of next year.”
On April 12, 2016, the movie's title was officially confirmed to be "Spider-Man: Homecoming". On April 13, it was reported that Michael Keaton was in negotiations for the role of an unknown villain, but he dropped out of the project one week later.
Later in the month, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Tony Stark / Iron Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
On May 20, 2016, Keaton was reportedly back in talks, and entered in final negotiations.
On June 14, 2016, It was reported that Donald Glover had been cast in an unknown role.
On July 23, 2016, at San Diego Comic Con, a number of roles were confirmed including Michael Keaton as the Vulture and Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson. They also unveiled the first piece of footage, showing Peter in high school.
On September 23, Tom Holland officially wrapped his scenes in Atlanta and moved to New York City.
On October 3, the principal photography of the movie wrapped production.
|Time to Pretend||MGMT||
In June 2016, Rothman stated that Sony and Marvel were committed to making future Spider-Man films. The following month, Feige stated if additional films were made, "one of the early ideas [Marvel] had" for the films would be to follow the model of the Harry Potter film series, having the plot of each film cover a new school year, adding, "it was sort of how do we do a journey for Peter not dissimilar for what the students of Hogwarts would go through each of their years". By October 2016, discussions had begun for a second film, according to Holland, figuring out "who the villain is going to be and where we're going" in a potential sequel. In December 2016, after the successful release of the first Homecoming trailer, Sony slated a sequel to the film for July 5, 2019. The plan for the sequel is to occur during Parker's junior year of high school, with a potential third film occurring during his senior year.
- ‘Spider-Man,’ ‘Jumanji’ Reboot Get New Release Dates
- ‘Spider-Man’ 2017 Movie Now Known As ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- NEW SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SYNOPSIS AHEAD OF TRAILER CONFIRMS VULTURE
- Robert Downey Jr. Joins 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Sneak peek: Michael Keaton a flying fiend as everyman 'Spider-Man' villain
- Spider-Man director confirms Zendaya character name Plus: Why Vulture is the villain
- NEW SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING FOOTAGE & RUMORS
- SCOOP: Logan Marshall-Green's Mystery Role in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Revealed
- Sytonnia on Twitter, 20 June 2016
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Finds Another Villain With 'Fargo' Actor
- Spider-Man: Homecoming leaked call sheet
- Donald Glover Joins 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Tim Daly and Tyne Daly Set to Make Their First Stage Appearance Together
- 'Better Call Saul' Actor Joins 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' (Exclusive)
- Selenis Leyva Spotted On Set Of Spider-Man: Homecoming
- ‘Silicon Valley’s Martin Starr Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Hannibal Buress Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Kenneth Choi Joins Sony/Marvel’s ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Michael Chernus Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ As The Tinkerer
- Captain America Cameos In New Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer
- First Look At Some SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Supporting Stars On Set With A New Cast Addition
- Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Adds Garcelle Beauvais & Tiffany Espensen
- ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ Revelation Abraham Attah Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Adds Trio of Newcomers (Exclusive)
- Michael Barbieri Cast In ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Jona Xiao Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Spider-man: Homecoming trailer at Comic Con 2016 detailed Peter Parker's high school experience
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Comic-Con Footage Confirms The Vulture
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Comic-Con 2016 Footage Description
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: On-the-Scene at the Staten Island Ferry, and Spider-Man’s Biggest Superhero Screwup
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: 45 Things to Know about Marvel & Sony’s Fresh Take on the Superhero
- Kevin Feige Reveals When SPIDER-MAN, THOR 3, and More Start Filming
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Loses Michael Keaton as the Villain
- Michael Keaton Closing Deal to Play Villain in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming': Tom Holland Jet Sets From Atlanta Into New York
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Wraps Filming With An Exhausted Cast And Crew
- Spider-Man: Homecoming on Wikipedia.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming at the Internet Movie Database.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming on Marvel Database.